Friday, September 01, 2006

All this for just £5.40

Yesterday I had five reminders of Why I Hate 'the Tube.'
1. At 9:46 AM I heard my least favorite six words: 'Severe delays on the Northern Line.'
2. The armpit(s) of the man in front of me when I finally got on said Northern Line, which was 18 different types of smelly.
3. My travelcard was somehow de-activated from the get-go, so at each station I had to ask a man in an orange vest to let me through.
4. At the end of the work day, as I was riding the escalator down to the depths of Waterloo station, it abruptly broke down, sending people lurching forward and then back as they all braced themselves. OK, so that part was kind of funny.
5. One of the stations I was trying to get to was closed due to 'overcrowding'? Yeah figure that one out.

No comments: