Thursday, October 27, 2005

It had to happen sooner or later...

Those of you who know me know that I'm psychotically loyal to my hair person back in SF, the wonderful, fantastic, gifted artistic E" who's bravely taken me from blonde to red to brunette to blue to pink, to combinations thereof, etc.

Needless to say, one of the first thoughts that went through my shallow (but well coifed) head when I was considering moving to London was, "But what will I do without E*?" Seriously, when you mentally calculate how much a plane flight from SF to London would cost in addition to the hairstyle...well, you know yer an addict.

But today I could put it off no more. The roots were too hideous, the ends just too scruffy...plus I was PMSing. So I took a deep breath...and started googling. No place I found online gave me good vibes, but when I popped out to grab a cup of coffee I spied a small studio advertising a student discount. It looked clean and reasonably priced (for London) and the people working there had nice hair...so I tiptoed to the counter and made an appointment for after work.

I actually almost didn't go, the prospect of a new hair person being that repugnant to me. But all's well that ends well. I have new color, a new cut and feel like I've taken a big step.

Now, I know that some of you out there are probably thinking that with all the messed up things out there--hurricanes, wars, possible impending avian flu epidemics--that I'm super trivial for devoting this much cyberspace to my hair chronicles.

Yeah well, Mr. McCrankypants, maybe if you went and got your hair done you wouldn't be quite so darn gloomy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah , really, post your hair, damn it! I miss your face! But, I get to see you in 2 months! Alas, you will probably be another shade by then! Don't worry, I am cheating on E* too..I may go reddy brown without her..due to the lengthy schlepp! Shhh...

Anonymous said...

AAh, Barbie Rosen, I digress. It seems that my new stylist is as pricey as "E", but without the cost of travel. The only referral I have had less pricey is all the way in San Jose...too far a schlepp from Fogtown on behalf a coif. It's nice to meet in Britain. Perhaps if we start planning swaps and such here we might succeed at coercing Miss Britain to return home. :) Grace in Biavaland is good...I am crrrrrazy busy helping to lead Beth. AD, studying Hebrew w/ the Millensens, preparing to go to Israel....yadda, yadda!! BIG HUGZ to Annie!!! Would love to see you guys and the remod!
Love and miss..Barbie Biava

Anonymous said...

me too me too! i want to see your new hair, too!