Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Pet Peeve of the Day

(Note to self: the next pet I own shall be named Peeve.)
OK moving on. I have decided that I hate-hate-hate 'advertorials'....you know, those ads in mags that *look* like articles with intriguing titles so you start reading them and think, 'Wow this magazine really likes these Biore nose strips...' only to look up at the top of the page and see in faint print, 'promotion' or 'special advertising section' or some such euphemism for 'FAKE FEATURE STORY.' Whose idea *was* this ruse? I don't know, but for the record, it's aggravating. Bring back in-your-face-non-subtle-none-too-clever-brightly-colored-magazine-engulfing-ads, I beg you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh i KNOW what you mean! Those drive me crazy! We have so much in common... you should be my neighbor, I think. (v in pdx)