Sunday, June 04, 2006

"What *is* that strange yellow orb of light in the sky???" or "And you thought tea was for drinking..."

In an amazing-weather stupor I dragged my friend D* to my friend R*'s b-day picnic yesterday and managed to acquire my first sunburn o' the year. Those of you who know me know I'm normally an spf-45 kinda girl, but I guess there was part of me that remained in such disbelief about the aforementioned good weather (this being London and all) so I didn't re-apply enough. Hence the burn.
But here's a tip for y'all: Dunk some teabags in some warm water and apply them to your skin and it totally takes the sting away. I think I owe that l'il tidbit of info to the New York Public Library Desk Reference book, which if you don't own it, you should. And here British people thought tea was merely meant to be imbibed at half-hour intervals throughout the day....
Anyway, the picnic was gooooooorgeous: cans of cider and cones of melty ice cream and light breezes and people with puppies. Happy Birthday, R*!
Now, if you'll excuse me, I must go scrub the tea-stains from my shoulders. :)

No comments: